Click here to choose a different type of Michigan survey:
ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys
A survey made for the purpose of supplying a title company and lender with survey and location data necessary for the issuing of title and/or mortgage insurance. A detailed map is required to be done to “ALTA” specifications. The acronym “ALTA” stands for American Land Title Association. Specifications of this type of Survey include (but are not limited to) determining property lines, location of improvements, identifying all easements, utilities and other conditions affecting the property. ALTA surveys are very comprehensive surveys and typically cost thousands of dollars and take weeks to complete. Any ALTA Land Survey must meet the “Minimum Standard Detail Requirements for ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys” as adopted by the American Land Title Association, the American Congress on Surveying and Mapping, and the National Society of Professional Surveyors. The Alta Survey is most often performed on commercial properties.
- How long does it take?
- Approximately 2 weeks
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey is a 4 Step Process
- Step 1 – Consult with client about needs & wants
- Step 2 – Gather Data. Go to location and take measurements
- Step 3 – Process data and fit property description into property data we have collected, create drawings/map
- Step 4 – Put stakes in the ground and mark the boundaries
- What do you need from me?
- ALTA Checklist with the items you need marked
- Copy of Deed AND Title Commitment that has your property description on it
- How much does it cost?
- Cost varies from project to project. We believe in value added prices. When we give you a quote for your project, that is the cost from start to finish no matter how long it takes. To get a custom quote fill out our Quote Request or call us today at 517-788-9806 or contact us using the “Get a Survey” form below this information.